At Hope Counseling Center, we are committed to raising awareness in the Santa Barbara community about mental health needs and care. One of the ways we do this is by offering educational seminars on a range of topics in the field of mental health. We offer these as a service to local congregations, schools, businesses, or organizations. If you are interested in learning more about our speaking topics or availability, please contact us!
Dr. Steven Rogers
- How does your brain impact your faith? Among the possible topics in this category are the neurological underpinnings involved in miracles, the neuropsychological elements involved in religious experiences, and how faith varies with neurological functioning.
- The impact of depression, anxiety, and personality on the cognitive functioning of older adults
- Understanding the complex relationship between mental illness and religion
- What psychology can teach us about evil and how to avoid it
- How a Christian perspective on heaven and hell shapes our psychology
- Helping Teens in Crisis